Published on Jul 19 2016 | Filed under: Writers' Meetings
Today we held our July meeting.
PRESENT: Ryan, Marlys, Erin, Dawn, Sharon, Deb, Jan, Jerry, Mike.
TALKING STICK 25: We are progressing on the book, still working on the proofing. We are also planning final details on our Book Release Party and workshop on Saturday, September 17, 2016. The workshop is full and we have a waiting list.
THAT REMINDS ME: We are also working on Jerry’s book of poetry, stories, and plays, hoping to also have it done by 9-17-16.
- Great American Story deadline extended to 7-31-16. Go to www.thegreatamericanstory.org. Program and performances on Saturday Sept. 24, 2016 at Armory Square in Park Rapids MN.
- For the month of August, the JWB will have a room at the museum in Park Rapids MN. We will have comfortable furniture and lots of books. Come and visit, take home a book.
- Saturday, August 6, 2016—Writing in the Garden. In Baxter, MN. Angela F Foster and Candace Simar are the instructors. Space is limited. Phone Angela at 320-629-6085.
- Saturday, August 13, 2016—Northwoods Art and Book Festival in Hackensack. Artists, Authors, Music and Food. We will attend and have a table of books in the Church. Mike will also be there with his book Firewood Happens.
- August 24, 2016 deadline for Brainerd Writers Alliance 2016 Writing Contest. Bev Abear 218-828-7750 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information and guidelines. Sunday,
- September 11, 2016, Farm by the Lake in Bagley will have their annual festival with music and authors. More info later on that.
- Friday Oct. 7 through Sunday Oct. 9, 2016—Hill City Writers Workshop near Deadwood, SD. “For the Love of Words.” $225.00.www.hillcityarts.org, then go to events and writers conference. 605-574-2810.
- Interested in reading to some seniors? Contact Rhonda Olson, Director, Memory Care Unit, Heritage Nursing Home. 218-640-6679.
FIREWOOD HAPPENS: Mike has several readings set up for this new book. Wadena County Historical Society author’s signing Thursday 8-11-16 from 12 to 1. Headwaters Life Long Learning at the Armory in Park Rapids MN on 9-13-16. He has already had signings at Book World in Park Rapids and Summerhill Farm and other places. Look for his book in many local stores.
MISCELLANEOUS: Erin attended the annual Northwoods Writers Conference in Bemidji in June and enjoyed it very much. Dawn went to some of the evening readings. Deb took a class on typographical nuances, how young people today use punctuation and grammar in defined ways to express tone. This was intriguing.
Great meeting, lots of good writing and good comments. Hope to see you next time!
Jackpine Writers' Bloc will be sending you a receipt that you can use as your tax deductible donation. Thanks for your support!